After dropping two residence video games to open the 2022 season, the College of Hawai’i soccer staff will make its first highway journey for a match-up with nationally ranked Michigan, Saturday, Sept. 10. Kick-off is 8:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. HT) at Michigan Stadium. The Rainbow Warriors (0-2) will make their second journey to Ann Arbor, Mich., within the final six years. The final match-up in 2016 was performed earlier than a crowd of greater than 110,000, which was the most important UH has ever performed earlier than.
|HAWAI’I (0-2, 0-0 MW) vs. MICHIGAN (1-0, 0-0 BIG TEN)|
|Date | Time||Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022 | 8:00 p.m. ET / 2:00 p.m. HT|
|Location | Stadium||Ann Arbor, Mich. | Michigan Stadium (107,601)|
|Tv||Large Ten Community. Lisa Byington (play-by-play), Jake Butt (analyst) and Meghan McKeown (sideline).|
|Radio||ESPN Honolulu (1420AM/92.7FM). John Veneri (play-by-play) and Mark Veneri (analyst). KRKH (Maui), KPUA (Hawai’i Island), and KTOH (Kaua’i). Josh Pacheco and Arnold Martinez hosts “The Countdown To Kickoff” at 12:00 p.m. HT|
|Streaming Audio||ESPNHonolulu.com & Sideline Hawaii app|
|Sport Notes||Hawai’i | Michigan | Mountain West|
|Digital Program||Rainbow Warriors Weekly (coming quickly)|
|Social Media||@HawaiiFootball | #HawaiiFB | @RainbowWarriorsFootball | Fb|
Total Document: 0-2 (1st season)
At Hawai’i: 0-2 (1st season)
Sequence Data: Michigan leads 3-0
In Honolulu: Michigan leads 2-0
In Ann Arbor: Michigan leads 1-0
- Michigan leads the general collection 3-0 together with a 1-0 mark in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- The groups final met in 2016 at Michigan Stadium with the seventh-ranked Wolverines profitable 63-3. The introduced crowd of 110,222 is the most important highway crowd in UH historical past.
- UH (0-2) dropped its second straight residence recreation after a 49-17 resolution to Western Kentucky. The Warriors have been out-scored 112-27 of their two video games this season.
- Michigan (1-0) opened its season final week with a 51-7 residence win over Colorado State. Seven completely different gamers scored for the Wolverines.
- Michigan is in its 143rd season of soccer with an NCAA-record 977 wins. As compared, UH is enjoying in its 106th season of competitors with 576 all-time wins.
- Hawai’i’s final win over a Energy 5 convention staff on the highway was in opposition to Washington State in 2009 in Seattle, Wash. UH has misplaced 14 straight highway video games (together with impartial web site) since.
- Hawai’i’s final win over a Energy 5 staff was in opposition to Oregon State in 2019 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. UH has misplaced 4 straight since together with a 63-10 loss to Vanderbilt two weeks in the past within the season opener.
- UH’s highway recreation at Michigan is the primary of six journeys to the continent this season for the Rainbow Warriors, who will journey greater than 37,000 air miles. This week’s flight to Detroit totals 8,920 air miles spherical journey.
- Hawai’i is 11-46 all-time versus nationally ranked groups, together with a 1-19 mark on the highway. UH’s lone highway win over a ranked staff was at No. 22 Fresno State in 2008.
- Hawai’i holds an 9-24 file in opposition to present members of the Large Ten convention. UH’s lone highway win in opposition to a present Large Ten faculty got here at Nebraska, 6-0, in 1955. Nebraska was then a member of the Large 7 Convention. UH picked up a impartial web site win over Illinois within the 1992 Vacation Bowl in San Diego, Calif.
- Michigan has one participant from the state of Hawai’i—Roman Wilson of Saint Louis College in Honolulu, who had two catches for 65 yards and a TD in UM’s season-opening win over Colorado State final week. UH’s roster consists of 13 Saint Louis alums along with head coach Timmy Chang and defensive coordinator Jacob Yoro.
- UH athletics director David Matlin is a 1987 graduate of the College of Michigan. His father Lew was a former member of the Detroit Tigers entrance workplace.
- Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh was the beginning quarterback within the first-ever assembly between the faculties within the 1986 common season finale at Aloha Stadium. Harbaugh completed 9-of-15 for 125 and no touchdowns within the Wolverines 27-10 win.
- The final time UH began the yr 0-3 was in 2014 when the staff misplaced its first 11 video games en path to a 1-11 season.